To celebrate Wimbledon 2019 (1 – 14 July), Haxells Restaurant & Bar is getting into the swing of things by adding five Wimbledon-inspired cocktails to its menu for The Championships.
Created by the hotel’s mixology team, each cocktail has been inspired by a tennis superstar showcasing their characteristics and personality.
- Rafa Nadal’s Summer Cup – Inspired by Rafa’s Spanish roots, this traditional red wine Sangria has been pimped with Pimm’s and really packs a punch!
- Naomi Osaka’s Iced Tea – A refreshing Japanese Iced Tea to celebrate Naomi’s Japanese and Haitian This vodka and gin-based cocktail is a brightly coloured drink made with Japanese melon liquor Midori.
- Novak Djokovic’s Spicy Sidecar – A cocktail inspired from Novak’s home country, Serbia, famous for its quality brandy. Cognac, Cointreau and lemon juice, make for an easy-going tipple with a hint of spice, just like the man himself!
- Roger Federer’s Royale – An elegant cocktail, combing rum, raw sugar, fresh lime, mint, orange juice, topped up with Tall and classy, just like Roger.
- Ashleigh Barty’s Martini – As a trained barista, this classic coffee cocktail celebrates Ashleigh’s love of the This sophisticated tipple is made with vodka, espresso, a dash of coffee liqueur and sugar syrup.
For non-drinkers a traditional cream tea will also be on offer (£10pp), freshly baked scones served with Cornish clotted cream & strawberry conserve will be accompanied by a special Strawberries & Cream Tea blend (black tea, strawberry, raspberry, blackcurrant, vanilla & marigold) created by tea connoisseurs Tea Palace.
The Wimbledon-inspired cocktails and traditional cream tea will be available throughout The Championships at Haxells Restaurant & Bar, located in the newly refurbished Strand Palace hotel.
Book now: [email protected] | +44 (0)20 7379 4737
(Cocktails L – R: Nadal’s Summer Cup, Osaka’s Iced Tea, Novak’s Sidecar, Roger’s Royale, Barty’s Martini)