Glasgow Gin, the delicious, highly successful spirits brand, has been relaunched with an eye-catching new look and a humorous advertising campaign that brings to life the famous statue that inspired it.
Hand crafted by the award-winning Gleann Mòr Spirits Company, the branding features a newly commissioned version of Glasgow’s iconic Duke of Wellington statue, complete with traffic cone. Its launch will be supported by a full social media campaign which will see the Duke’s famous steed, Copenhagen, brought to life in a series of fun animations.
The new identity has been created by the multi-award winning agency Pocket Rocket Creative, which specialises in bringing the world’s biggest drinks brands to life.
Karin Mair, co-founder of Gleann Mòr, said: “Just like the city that inspired it, Glasgow Gin is fun, playful and vibrant, so we wanted the new look to reflect this unique personality.
“The Duke and his famous cone are instantly recognisable all over the world, and we think the relaunched bottle represents the true spirit of the city more than ever.”
“The new branding gives us a bolder and stronger presence, and perfectly encapsulates the gallus modern spirit inside. Our new animation means, too, that customers will hear about it straight from the horse’s mouth!”
Originally launched in 2017, Glasgow Gin is light, fresh and fruity. Bursting with flavour, it is subtle enough to be enjoyed with tonic and provides a fantastic cocktail ingredient.
Available from selected stockists and at theglasgowgin.com, it retails at £33.
A fun, fresh and fruity gin bursting with real Glaswegian character. As bold and cheeky as the city that inspired it, the delicate summer elderberries give it a soft and sweet side, with a surprisingly sherbet-like finish that delivers a fun twist however you mix it up.
- Botanicals: Juniper berries, coriander seeds, angelica root, lemon and orange peel, cassia and cinnamon bark, ground nutmeg, orris root, elderflowers.
- Nose: Juicy summer berries with just the gentlest hint of mint and basil.
- Palate: Zesty lemon, crisp apples and floral notes of blossom and petals.
- Finish: Smooth and sleek, with a lingering tang of berries and sherbet.
- Serve: With tonic in a tall glass over ice, garnished with a slice of pear or twist of lime.