Generator Stockholm opens an exciting new social venue on Torsgatan 10.
In true Generator style, Hilma brings together creative design, inspired art, great food and drink, and on-trend music and events to create a new Stockholm social hot spot.
Borrowing from global, urban street food trends, combined with tantalising local touches Hilma offers an inspired new venue complimenting the exciting Stockholm bar and restaurant scene.
The space was designed in partnership with Swedish architectural agency Tengbom, recently named one of the World’s Most Innovative companies in the architecture field by Fast Company. The interior was inspired by the 19th Century Swedish painter Hilma af Klint, who was one of the pioneers of the abstract movement before even Kandinsky and Mondriaan. The restaurant’s eclectic interior features elements of her brilliant use of colour, including the floor, inspired by her style, as well as a number of surprising details and features including a walk-in safe converted into an operating tattoo parlour and a large cage, operating as a unique social space.
In style with Generator’s focus on activated social spaces, Hilma will feature events programming such as regular DJs, poetry readings and amateur theatre skits as well as vintage gaming machines for those who are playful and young at heart.
Fredrik Korallus, Chief Executive at Generator: “Being Swedish, Generator Stockholm is close to my heart, a special place where locals and our guests can relax and enjoy a great accessible social experience. Stockholm epitomises our brand ethos, inspired design, engaging social spaces, relaxed food, friendly service and a dynamic, high energy experience, where society can meet, engage, share and have fun.”
About Generator Stockholm
- Rates start from 280SEK (€30) for a shared room, and 840SEK (€80) for private rooms.
- Located close to the Stockholm city centre at Torsgatan 10, the property neighbours Norra Bantorget Square and is a five-minute walk to the Central Station with access to the subway, trains, buses and airport transportation.
- The property’s café and bar, open daily for breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner, features a menu from local, established talent David Gard and his team.
- First floor chill out lounge and convertible communal working spaces, at Generator you’re always connected to the city around you, and now you can make sure you’re up to date with the rest of the world, with work tables, power and data points available in the ground floor café and bar.
- Standalone bar and restaurant Hilma offers contemporary global street food with a Scandinavian touch, as well as a variety of music and entertainment nights, open until 3 am at weekends.
- A studio apartment with views of the Stockholm ridges includes bedroom, kitchen and living room with a TV.
- First floor event space for up to 150 people.
Voted by Fast Company as one of the top 50 Most Innovative Global Companies, Generator provides unique, experience and design-led accommodation options located in the most central locations across Europe including Dublin, London, Copenhagen, Hamburg, Berlin, Venice, Barcelona, and Paris, with Amsterdam, Stockholm and Rome all having opened earlier this year. It has been hailed as the fastest growing hostel brand with a current 12 locations totalling over 7,704 beds, set to rise to 14 locations with 8,639 beds next year with new openings in Madrid and South Beach, Miami.
Pioneers of affordable luxury and masters of the social experience, Generator’s properties include a range of room types from shared to private bedrooms, chill-out areas, bars, cafes and a variety of spaces available for private hire. The successful concept begins with the award winning interior design; continues with the locally inspired, carefully curated events focusing on local art, music and culture and the extraordinary food and beverage offerings; concluding with the best night’s sleep in Generator’s bespoke beds in shared or private rooms.